Orbit Systems ORSNZ Student Travel Grants
If you are
(1) an OR student who is (or has just finished) studying full-time at an NZ university, and
(2) are normally resident in, and travelling from, another town in NZ, and
(3) will be presenting a paper at the conference,
then you can apply for travel assistance. You will need to confirm your student status and email the conference organiser no later than 10 working days before the conference to request a grant. Grants towards your actual and receipted travel expenses will be paid at the conference upon presentation of a GST receipt. Past grants have typically been up to around $100.
Financial Assistance for NZSA Student Presenters
To be eligible for these awards, applicants must:
(1) Be qualified to register as a student. This requires that the delegate is a full-time student at the time of registration. Students must provide proof of their enrolment (a signed letter from a supervisor or lecturer will suffice) when registering or to the registration desk at the conference. Alternatively, students can ask their supervisor to email James Curran (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm their enrolment.
(2) Submit their talk abstract with their application.
(3) Provide a single page academic CV.
(4) Provide a one-paragraph summary on why they are requesting funding and how attending the conference will be beneficial to their career.
Due to limited funds, if you wish to apply for a student travel award, notify James Curran by email (email@example.com) as soon as possible. Documentation as listed above must be provided before 31 October 2016.