At the 51st ORSNZ Conference held in December 2017, we had 14 entries into the Young Practitioner’s Prize, which was sponsored by Trustpower. There were three prizes awarded:
- 1st Place: Oscar Dowson – SDDP.jl: a Julia package for Stochastic Dual Dynamic Programming
- 2nd Place: Thomas Adams – Balancing Physician Workloads Under Uncertain Admissions
- 3rd Place: Isaac Cleland – Solving a Generalised Staff Rostering Problem
Dr Michael J O’Sullivan (ORSNZ President) and Mr Danny Tsai (Trustpower) present YPP certificates to Oscar Dowson (left), Thomas Adams (middle), and Isaac Cleland (right)
At the 2016 Joint NZSA+ORSNZ Conference we had 7 high-quality papers submitted for the YPP, sponsored by Orbit Systems. Three prizes were awarded:
- First-place: Ryan Cory-Wright, University of Auckland. Cost-recovering, revenue-adequate single settlement schemes for electricity markets.
- Highly commended: Melissa Welsh, Victoria University of Wellington. Modelling traceability in the dairy industry.
- Highly commended: Danielle Gatland, University of Auckland. Mapping electric vehicle range.
Copies of their papers can be found on the proceedings page of the conference website, here.